Whether your location has been tagged and you need to add a new piece of equipment or you're tagging for the first time, see directions below to add equipment directly into your mobile app.
What You Will Need
- Equip ID Login Credentials
- An NFC-enabled Device
- Wifi or Cellular Connection
- Unassigned Equip ID Indoor / Outdoor Tags
Estimated Training Time: 10 minutes
Estimated Tagging Time: 3 minutes per Tag
Watch our Video
Step by Step: How to Tag an HVAC Unit
1. Within your Site location, select Add Equipment.
2. Select HVAC as the Trade.
3. Select the appropriate Category from the list shown in mobile based on the Equipment being Tagged.
- It may or may not include any of the following categories: Exhaust, Cooling Towers, Pumps, Heating/Air Conditioning Unit, etc.
4. Select the appropriate Type from the list shown in mobile based on the Equipment being Tagged.
5. Apply Tag to the Equipment.
6. Tap the Tag to assign the tag to the Equipment.
- Use your device’s NFC reader to Tap the Equip ID Tag - A successful tap will display as Scan Successful.
7. Add a Photo to the piece of Equipment you are tagging and select Next when done.
- We recommend the first photo to be the entire piece of equipment (i.e. full-length).
- Please consider adding additional photos of the condition, location, type, and nameplate.
8. Add any of the following details to the New Equipment profile.
- Model #
- Serial #
- Equipment Name
- Install Date
- Manufacture Date
9. Scroll down to select Save to confirm details.
10. Once successfully saved, you will see your new piece of Equipment added under the Site location.
- Repeat steps as needed to Tag all necessary HVAC Equipment.
Questions on Performing Maintenance, Repair, or Operational Activities on Equipment? See here.