What is Equip ID?
Equip ID is an NFC tag-based verification platform that connects physical equipment to digital data, creating an auditable logbook of on-site activity that enables businesses to meet operational, health, and safety requirements.
Tagging a location for the first time
- Setup is comprised of applying Equip ID sticker-back tags and registering the tag using the Equip ID app.
- Tags can be applied to either an Asset (i.e. a table, chair, or door), or to a collection of assets as a Zone (i.e. the restrooms, stock room, or product zone tables).
Applying your tags
Most Equip ID NFC tags have a peel-back sticker on the back to easily peel and press firmly. Pressing too hard may damage the tag's antenna. When placing the tags, here’s what you need to keep in mind...
- Tags should be easily accessed by a mobile device.
- Tags should not be at risk of being damaged.
- Tags should not have any edges hanging off.
- Tags should be placed on a clean surface free from moisture or dirt.
When taking photos
Quality photos are critical to successfully tagging your store as they are the primary way to communicate exactly what each tag relates to for other users.
You're now ready to start tagging your site!
Not sure? See here.