To begin registering your Site Equipment and Assets via your NFC Tags, please follow the steps below.
1. From the My Sites page, select your Site.
*Please note, if your site is not listed automatically, type the desired site name via our search feature in the top right corner.
2. From the Zone Listing page, select the equipment or asset you are tagging.
3. From the Asset / Equipment page, select the red Add Tag ID button.
4. Use your device’s NFC reader to Tap the Equip ID tag - A successful tap will display as Scan Successful.
5. A Tag ID will now be visible in place of the Add Tag ID button - select Save.
6. Affix the Tag to the Asset / Zone / Piece of Equipment. Most Equip ID NFC tags have a peel-back sticker on the back. Just peel and press firmly. Pressing too hard may damage the tag's antenna. When placing the tags, here’s what you need to keep in mind...
- Tags should be easily accessed by a mobile device
- Tags should be placed on a clean surface free from moisture or dirt
- Tags should not be at risk of being damaged
- Tags should not have any edges ‘hanging off’
7. From the Asset / Zone Details page, select the tab Photos.
8. Select the Camera icon in the top right corner.
9. Take at least two photos of the full Asset / Zone you are tagging. Be sure to include the Equip ID Tag in this photo to help others find the location if needed.
- Profile Photo: Entire piece of equipment, showing tag placement (i.e. full-length).
- Nameplate Photo: Add additional close up photos of the type, manufacturer, and nameplate. Make sure the numbers are legible and the photo is clear.
10. You can add a description of your photo if you think it would be helpful. You can also add additional photos of a Manufacturer nameplate, tag location, and multiple angles of the Zone / Asset.
11. Congratulations, you tagged your first Asset / Zone / Piece of Equipment! Return to the Listing page, and keep going!